We are receiving further updates from our colleagues in New Delhi of the strike called by the All India Motor Transport Congress last weekend. The nationwide strike has brought the entire textile industry to a standstill, with many factories having to suspend production in the absence of raw materials. (NOTE: THIS STRIKE HAS ENDED, SEE BELOW)
30th July – The strike, which had been running for eight consecutive days, has been called off after the Indian government agreed to meet the majority of the demands of the truckers.
Industry has appealed to the government and the striking associations to find an amicable solution in the general interest of the country. At the moment such a possibility appears remote with politicians stating that “truckers cannot hold the government to ransom on this”.
On Monday, AIMTC tweeted that the government remained insensitive to their demands, hinting that no overture for a negotiation was made by the government.
Please find below updates by location:
– Movements to/from terminal, CFS & MTY depots are smooth without any impact.
– Operations inside CY, vessel & rail side are normal.
– Movement of Trucks with cargo and containers are on Hold, even between the Terminal and CFS
– Factory stuffed & dock stuffed movements are on hold.
– Movements outside SEZ have been impacted for last two days.
– CFS movements have been impacted since last night, but have since resume at slow pace.
– Operations inside CY, Vessel & rail side are fine.
– No improvement in the situation.
– Out station trucking is impacted, as is carting of export cargo & delivery of imports.
– Operations inside terminal are normal.
New Delhi / North India ICDs
– All northern ICD’s are severely impacted.
– Road movement from ICD’s to Gateway terminals are almost stopped.
– Long haul inter state movements continue to be impacted.
– Movement in the vicinity of Cochin Port Trust is normal
– Operations inside terminal CY, vessel side is normal.
– Long haul inter-state movements have been impacted.
– Operations inside terminal CY, vessel side is smooth.
– No impact to Kolkata/Haldia operations.
We shall keep you posted if any further updates available.