Hurricane Matthew, now a Category 3 hurricane, is nearing the Florida Space Coast with dangerous storm surge, destructive winds and flooding rainfall stretching into Georgia and South Carolina by the weekend.
The National Hurricane Center issued Advisory #34A concerning Hurricane Matthews, which as of 4:00 p.m. e.t. is less than 115 miles east-southeast of West Palm Beach, Florida.
Tropical storm-force winds have already been impacting Florida’s east coast for the past several hours, and hurricane force winds are possible over the next few hours. A 74 mph wind gust was produced near Barefoot Bay Florida according to NWS Melbourne and at Cape Canaveral. Melbourne International Airport has gusted as high as 70 mph, so far. A 71-mph gust was recorded at Jensen Beach, Florida. A 71 mph gust was also reported in Vero Beach, Florida. Purchasing Xanax In Mexico
The eye, or the most destructive portion of a hurricane, is just mere miles off the coast of Sebastian and Melbourne, Florida and may deliver the strongest, most destructive winds anyone in parts of the northeast and east-central Florida coast has seen in their lifetime.
At this time, the MIQ Logistics facilities in Miami and Doral are closed, but will reopen when it is safe for our employees to return to each facility.
The following ports have closed:
- Port Everglades – Closed as of 12:00 p.m. Thursday
- Port Canaveral – Closed as of 12:00 p.m. Wednesday
- Port Miami – Port tunnel is closed / cargo terminals closed until further notice.
- Port of Savannah – Trade operations closed as of 12:00 p.m. Thursday
- Port of Brunswick – Trade operations closed as of 12:00 p.m. Thursday
- Jaxport – Marine Terminals closing at 3:00 p.m. Thursday
The following airports have closed:
- Ft. Lauderdale Airport – Suspended all flights after 10:30 a.m. Thursday
- Miami Airport – Suspended all flights, states on their site they are “ready for tomorrow a.m. when the airlines may resume operations”.
LTL (less-than-truckload) and Truckload Operations:
- MIQ is receiving reports of pickup and delivery operations being suspended for Miami, Pompano Beach, West Palm Beach, Jacksonville, Orlando, Savannah, GA, Charleston, SC, and Myrtle Beach, SC.
Gov. Rick Scott has issued a State of Emergency for the state of Florida and has activated over half of the National Guard. Gov. Pat McCrory declared a State of Emergency for Central and Eastern North Carolina. Gov. Nikki Haley issued as State of Emergency for the state of South Carolina.
MIQ will continue to monitor the situation in FL, SC, and NC and other impacted areas, and we will provide additional updates as they are available.